1½ pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
4 cups cauliflower rice
⅓ cup sesame seeds
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground coriander
1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 large egg
¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup bread crumbs
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons hot sauce
2 avocados, peeled and pitted
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ cup thinly sliced green onions
4 lettuce leaves
4 kaiser rolls, halved
1) Place carrots and 1 tsp of salt into a pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Boil for 5-10 mins, or until fork-tender, but not mushy. They should hold their shape.
2) Transfer carrots to ice-cold water immediately. This will stop them from continuing to cook. Allow to cool for 2 mins, then gently place onto a wire cooling rack to drip dry.
3) Meanwhile, in a container or small bowl, whisk together, hot water, nori, caper brine, rice vinegar, miso paste, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic powder, and olive oil. Set aside.
4) Using a very sharp knife, slice the dry carrots lengthwise, alternating between thin strips and sashimi-style sushi pieces, and place into the marinade.
5) Place in the fridge and allow to marinate for a few hours, I find that overnight is best! The longer you marinate, the more the carrots will have the texture and consistency of lox.
6) When you’re ready to use, remove carrot lox from the fridge and allow to come to room temperature.
7) Serve with toasted bagels, smeared with vegan cream cheese and topped with dill, capers and red onion.
See if you're in our to get the needed for this recipe delivered to your doorstep + use code KIWI50 for 50% off your first order!