2 lbs Brussels Sprouts trimmed
Non Dairy Ranch for serving
For the Batter
1 Cup Oat Milk or any non dairy milk
1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
¼ Cup Corn Starch
3 Tsp Hot Sauce
2½ Cups Bread Crumbs
For The Sauce
1 Cup Hot Sauce
1 Tbsp Honey
1 Tsp Soy Sauce low sodium
7-8 Cloves Garlic minced
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with Parchment paper.
2) In a small bowl, mix the almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes or until the curdles are visible.
3) In a separate, larger bowl, combine flour and corn starch.
4) Add 3 tsp of hot sauce to the almond milk mixture then pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredient bowl. Whisk until no lumps remain.
5) Add bread crumbs to a separate bowl.
6) Wash and trim the Brussels sprouts and cut into fourths.
7) Dump all Brussels sprouts in batter until well coated. Let any extra batter fall off as you remove each one to dip into bread crumbs and coat all sides.
8) Place battered, breaded Brussels sprouts on the baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes.
9) Remove from oven, flip, and bake for an additional 12-15 minutes or until crispy.
10) To prepare the sauce, add the minced garlic cloves into a sauce pan with ½ tsp of olive oil or just enough to make sure the garlic doesn't stick. Don't go crazy.
11) After 1-2 minutes add the hot sauce, honey, and soy sauce. Warm until aromatic or about 2-3 minutes.
12) Once the Brussels are removed from the oven toss them in the sauce and serve while hot.
See if you're in our to get the needed for this recipe delivered to your doorstep + use code KIWI50 for 50% off your first order!