4 Cups Organic Butternut Squash, Shredded (packed lightly)
1 Organic Russet Potato, Peeled and Shredded
2/3 Cup Organic Whole Wheat Flour
2 Organic Eggs, Large, Lightly Beaten
1 1/2 Tbsp Organic Parsley, Minced
1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
1/2 Tsp Pepper
1 Tsp Tabasco (Optional)
1) In large bowl combine the squash, russet potato, flour, eggs, parsley, salt, pepper, and hot sauce (if desired). Mix well.
2) Line a plate with paper towel.
3) Coat the bottom of a cast iron pan with vegetable oil and place it on medium-high heat.
4) Once the oil is hot scoop approximately 3 tablespoons of mixture and place in the pan. Press lightly to create rounds, spacing 1.5" apart. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes and flip, cooking for an additional 2 minutes or until golden brown.
5) Transfer the fritters to the paper towels. Sprinkle with additonal salt if desired.
Great when served with Greek Yogurt, Sour Cream & Hot Sauce, or even Applesauce.
*Photo by: Just a Taste