1 cup zucchini grated and drained well
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated fine
1 clove garlic grated fine
2 tablespoons fresh chives chopped
1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
1 teaspoon fresh basil chopped
1 teaspoon fresh oregano chopped
pinch of salt and pepper
tomato sauce for dipping
1) Preheat oven to 400˚F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil or non-stick spray. Set aside.
2) Use a box grater to grate the zucchini into a clean towel. Roll up the towel and twist to wring out the moisture. Grate the garlic using the small holes on the box grater.
3) In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well.
4) Shape a tablespoon of the mixture into your hands, pat into small balls, and place on the baking sheet.
5) Bake for 15-18 minutes in the preheated oven until golden. Serve warm with marinara sauce. Recipe makes about 16 bites.