3 Cups Fresh Corn Kernels
1/4 Cup Cilantro, Chopped
1/4 Cup Green Onion, Chopped
1 Jalapeno, Deseeded and Diced
1 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice (1/2 of a Lime Juiced)
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
1/4 Tsp Chili Powder
2 Eggs, Beaten
1/4 Cup Milk
1 1/2 Cup Monterey Jack Cheese, Shredded
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Add the corn to a large bowl.
2. Add in the diced green cilantro, green onion, diced jalapeno, and squeeze in the lime juice from 1/2 of a lime.
3. In a small bowl add the flour, baking powder, salt, black pepper, chili powder and stir to combine.
4. Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the corn. Stir to mix together.
5. Pour in the beaten eggs, milk, and cheese. Stir to combine. Will be a thick batter.
6. Heat a pan over medium high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil, we just need to coat the bottom of the pan.
7. Place a scoop of the corn fritter batter, about a 1/4 cup amount into the hot oil. Press the batter down to compact it, and press the sides in to help create a patty shape using a rubber spatula.
8. Let the fritters cook in the oil for about 2-3 minutes, you will see the edges starting to turn golden. Then carefully using a spatula flip the corn fritters over to cook the other side. Once both sides are golden brown then remove from the pan and set on a tray lined with a paper towel to absorb any extra oil.
9. At this point you can sprinkle with any extra salt or pepper you may want.
10. Serve the fritters warm. They are excellent with a little sour cream, salsa, and a squeeze of lime juice.