1 Cup Uncooked Short Grain Brown Rice
1 Garlic Clove
3/4 Cup Rolled Oats
3 Tbsp Cilantro
1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
2 Cups shredded carrots, squeeze out moisture
1/2 Cp Ricotta, Drained if Needed
4 Large Eggs
1-2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Soaked Sunflower Seeds
1/2 Cup Water
1 Chipotle in Adobo Sauce
2-3 Tbsp Lime Juice
2 Tbsp Minced Cilantro
1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
1. Cover the rice with 2" of water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until the rice is cooked; approx 45 minutes.
2. In the food processor, pulse the garlic into small pieces. Add the oats, cilantro, salt and pepper until the oats are in fine pieces. Add in the brown rice and carrots, follwed by ricotta and eggs. Pulse the miexture a few times to combine the mixture. The carrots and brown rice should still be visible but broken down slightly.
3. Place mixture in the refridgerator and allow to sit for 30 minutes.
4. Warm the olive oil up over medium heat in a large skillet with lid. Wet your hands and form the mixture into patties that are roughly 1 inch thich and 4 inches wide. Place in the skillet and cook for 4 minutes, until browning and crisp. Flip, cover and cook for another 4 minutes until crisp and warmed through.
5. To make the sauce: combine the ingredeints for the sauce in a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth, taste, and add more salt as desired.