3/4 cup milk, warm
1 tbsp active dry yeast
2 & 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 & 1/2 cups carrots, grated, (about 2 medium-sized carrots)
1 tbsp honey
25 grams butter, unsalted, softened
1) Combine warm milk and yeast. Mix. Set aside.
2) Combine all-purpose flour, salt, grated carrots and honey in a mixer bowl. Use paddle attachment to mix.
3) Once yeast mixture is ready, add to the mixer bowl. Use a dough hook to mix. Add softened butter and continue mixing until dough becomes smooth. If dough is too wet, add a tablespoon of flour (or two, one at a time).
4) Form the dough into a ball and place ball of dough into an oiled bowl. Cover with clean kitchen cloth and set aside until the size of the dough has doubled. This normally takes at least an hour for me.
5) Divide dough into 12 equal parts and form each part into a ball. Place each ball of dough on a baking pan with a baking sheet. Leave enough space in between each ball. Once all balls (rolls) are in the baking pan, cover with clean kitchen cloth and set aside for 30 more minutes, or until each roll has doubled in size.
6) Preheat oven to 200°C (375°F).
7) Once oven is ready, remove kitchen cloth covering the rolls and place baking pan in the middle of the oven.
8) Once the rolls have slightly darkened on top (takes 20 to 25 minutes), take the pan out of the oven. Set aside to cool slightly.
See if you're in our to get the needed for this recipe delivered to your doorstep + use code KIWI50 for 50% off your first order!