2 tablespoons coconut oil (or preferred cooking oil)
1 small red onion , diced
3 cloves garlic , minced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger , grated
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
1 cup carrots , peeled & diced (or matchstick)
1 ½ cups pineapple chunks , fresh or canned
3 cups cooked rice , chilled for 6-8 hours if possible
½ cup green onion , sliced + more for topping
3 tablespoons gluten-free tamari , low sodium (sub soy sauce)
1 ½ teaspoons curry powder
½ cup frozen peas, thawed
1) Whisk the tamari and curry powder together. Set aside.
2) Heat coconut oil in a large pan or wok over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
3) Now add the garlic, ginger, red chili pepper flakes and carrots. Sauté 7-9 minutes or until carrots are tender. (* if veggies start to stick, you can add a splash of vegetable broth to deglaze)
4) Add the pineapple chunks and sauté until slightly browned, about 4-5 minutes
5) Add tamari, rice, peas and green onions. Stir frequently. Taste for seasoning and add more if needed. Cook about 4-5 minutes, until all ingredients are combined and heated through.
6) Remove from heat and serve with optional toppings. Enjoy!
See if you're in our to get the needed for this recipe delivered to your doorstep + use code KIWI50 for 50% off your first order!