1 medium jicama
1 tablespoon oil of your choice (coconut oil or canola oil both work great)
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
Pinch cayenne or chili powder (or more, to taste)
FOR THE CILANTRO-GARLIC-LIME GREEK YOGURT DIP:
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
Juice of 1/2 lime
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2) Peel the jicama and cut into skinny fries. You don’t want to make these thick, they don’t bake as well when they’re wider.
3) Place the jicama in a microwave-safe bowl with a tablespoon of water. Cover and microwave for 6 minutes. This will prevent the jicama from staying too crisp and raw inside when the outside bakes.
4) As you wait for the jicama to precook in the microwave, mix together the yogurt dip ingredients and set aside.
5) If there is any water left in the bowl holding the jicama, pour it out. Drizzle the jicama with the tablespoon of oil and add the spices. Toss until evenly coated. Beware! Turmeric will stain your hands temporarily so you might want to use a utensil!
6) Spread the jicama fries out on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 35-45 minutes, or until they begin to brown in spots, tossing once.
7) Serve warm with the dip.