2 Butternut Squash, Medium (4 to 5 Pounds Total)
6 -8 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, Melted and Cooled
1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar, Packed
1 1/2 Tsp Kosher Salt
1/2 Tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper (or to Taste)
1) Preheat oven to 400F.
2) Cut off the ends of each butternut squash and discard.
3) Peel the squash and cut in half lengthwise.
4) Using a spoon, remove the seeds.
5) Cut the squash into 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" cubes (large and uniform is best), and place them on a baking sheet.
6) Add the melted butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
7) With clean hands, toss all of the ingredients together and spread out in a single layer on the baking sheet.
8) Roast for 45 minutes to 55 minutes, until the squash is tender and the glaze begins to caramelize.
9) Turn the squash while roasting a few times with a spatula to be sure it browns evenly.
Adjust seasonings if needed.