1) Bring vegetable stock to a boil. In a small bowl pour stock over mushrooms. Let soak for 20 minutes.
2) Remove mushrooms from the bowl, setting the stock aside for later. Mince or thinly slice the mushrooms.
3) In a medium saucepan melt the butter. Add the minced shallot and saute for 5 minutes over medium heat until softened.
4) Add the flour to the butter/shallot mixture stirring constantly. Cook for 2 minutes.
5) Gradually add 1 1/2 cups of the reserved vegetable stock(leaving mushroom sediment out), stirring well to incorporate after each addition. Cook over medium heat until thickened.
6) Add the reserved mushrooms, soy sauce, cream, sherry & thyme to the gravy. Cook for a few more minutes until heated through and thickened to desired consistency. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
7) Pour over anything on your plate!
See if you're in our to get the needed for this recipe delivered to your doorstep + use code KIWI50 for 50% off your first order!