> Side Dishes
> Roasted Turnips
Recipe: Roasted Turnips
The Spruce Eats
2 pounds turnips
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon fine or coarse sea salt (or more to taste)
Optional: ground black pepper
1) Gather the ingredients.
2) Preheat the oven to 400 F.
3) While the oven heats, trim and peel the turnips. Tender baby turnips can be simply scrubbed instead of peeled, but their peel will still be a bit more fibrous than the tender insides. Leave baby turnips whole; cut bigger ones into a little larger than bite-sized pieces.
4) Put the prepared turnips in a baking pan or on a baking sheet. Drizzle them with olive oil. Use your hands or 2 large spoons to toss the turnips around a bit to coat them thoroughly with the oil. Sprinkle them with salt.
5) Roast the turnips until they're tender and browned. Start checking them after about 30 minutes. Depending on their size and age, it may take them up to an hour or more to become completely tender.
6) Sprinkle with more salt and pepper, if you'd like. Serve and enjoy.
See if you're in our delivery area to get the local organic produce needed for this recipe delivered to your doorstep + use code KIWI50 for 50% off your first order!