6 Russet potatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup butter melted
salt and pepper to taste
8 slices thin cut cheddar cheese cut into 1 inch squares
4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
1/3 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons green onions
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with foil, then coat the foil with cooking spray.
2. Place a potato on a cutting board between two chopsticks. Slice the potato into 1/4 inch thick slices, the chopsticks will prevent you from cutting all the way through.
3. Repeat the process with the remaining potatoes. Place the potatoes on the sheet pan.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, butter, salt and pepper.
5. Brush the olive oil mixture all over the potatoes, making sure to get some in between the slices.
6. Bake for 50-60 minutes until potatoes are tender and browned.
7. Remove the potatoes from the oven; let them cool for 5 minutes.
8. Insert the cheddar cheese slices in between each cut of the potatoes.
9. Return the potatoes to the oven and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
10. Top each potato with a dollop of sour cream, then sprinkle the bacon and green onions over the top. Serve immediately.