3 Tablespoons of Canola Oil
1 pound of shiitake mushroom (thinly sliced)
2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
1 tablespoon dark soya sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 pinch of sesame seeds
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Toss the thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms with the oil. Then spread it out on a baking sheet and transfer to the oven. Let the mushrooms get brown and dry, which usually happens in 20-30 min. Turn the mushrooms occasionally to get an even crispiness.
3) After 30 min, remove the shiitake mushrooms and set aside to cool. They should look smaller, crispy, and shriveled (you can eat these crispy mushrooms like a snack at this point)
4) In a bowl, add chili sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and salt.
5) Toss the mushrooms with the sauce until mushrooms are covered.
6) Sprinkle sesame seeds on top of the finished dish and serve on a bed of lettuce or spinach to serve as an appetizer.
See if you're in our to get the needed for this recipe delivered to your doorstep + use code KIWI50 for 50% off your first order!