1 teaspoon Simply Organic Sage Leaf Ground 1.41 oz.
1 teaspoon Simply Organic Cinnamon 2.45 oz.
1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Ginger Root Ground 1.64 oz.
1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Nutmeg Ground 2.30 oz.
1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Black Pepper Medium Grind 2.31 oz.
4 teaspoons unsalted butter, divided
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
2 turkey sausage links (8-ounces total), casings removed (optional, see note)
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 ribs celery, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon Frontier Sea Salt
12 cups day-old focaccia bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries (see note)
3 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
2) Melt two tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet set over medium heat. Crumble in sausage meat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 - 8 minutes or until cooked through.
3) Stir in remaining butter, apples, onion, celery, garlic, sage, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper. Cook, sitrring frequently, for 7 to 9 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Cool slightly.
4) In a large bowl, toss vegetable mixture with bread, pecans, cranberries and reamining salt and pepper. Stir in egg until combined. Stir in broth gradually until well-combined. Transfer to prepared pan.
5) Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until set in the center and golden on top. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.