For the strawberry salad
For the candied pecans
For the homemade balsamic vinaigrette
1. Make the balsamic dressing: Add vinegar to a small saucepan, bring to a boil over medium heat and allow to boil until reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
2. Pour into a jar or bowl, add olive oil, dijon mustard, honey and whisk to blend while seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Thin with a little water if desired.
3. Make the candied pecans: Add pecans, brown sugar and butter to a small non-stick skillet and cook over medium-heat, stirring constantly until sugar starts to melt and caramelize, about 2 – 3 minutes.
4. Toss the salad: Toss together spinach, strawberries, half of the feta, red onion and pecans.
5. rizzle about 1/3 of the dressing over salad, then plate and drizzle remaining dressing over individual portions and top with remaining half of the feta.