1 Kabocha Squash or 2 Shokinchi Squash
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Wash and dry the squash thoroughly then cut the top off at least 1 1/2 inches below the stem.
2) Using a spoon, push through the top and scrape out the seeds.
3) Place the squash and the stem on a baking sheet. Season the inside with salt and pepper then place in the oven for about an hour. Test doneness with a fork, the flesh should be soft.
4) Remove the roasted squash bowl and allow it to cool.
5) Use to serve your favorite soups, stews, stuffing, or side dish!