1 Pound of Organic Brussels Sprouts, Trimmed
1 Large Organic Japanese Sweet Potato (or 1 pound)
2 Organic Garlic Cloves, Smashed
1/3 Cup Olive Oil
1 Tsp Cumin
1/4 Tsp Garlic Salt (Use 1/2 Tsp if desired)
1 Tsp Salt
Pepper to Taste
1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
Fresh Thyme, to Garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Trim your Brussels by cutting off the little brown end. If there are any yellow leaves, pull them off. Cut any large ones in half. Add to a large bowl.
3. Peel your sweet potato and chop into 1-2 inch pieces. Add to the large bowl.
4. Smash 2 cloves of garlic and add it to the bowl.
5. Pour 1/3 cup olive oil over the vegetables.
6. Add cumin, garlic salt, salt, and pepper to tate. Stir to coat.
7. (Line a large sheet pan with foil if you want super easy cleanup)
8. Drizzle a little olive oil onto the sheet pan and rub it all over the pan (or foil) with your hand. Or you could spray it really well with nonstick spray.
9. Pour the veggies onto the pan.
10. Raost at 400 degrees for about 30-40 minutes. The veggies are done when they are brown and a fork slides into them easily.
11. Place the veggies in a serving bowl and toss with 1-2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar to taste. Garnish with fresh thyme if you want. Eat hot!