1 Eggplant sliced lenghways (into 4 slices)
Olive Oil for rubbing
1 Cup of Cherry Tomatoes Sliced in Half
1 Tsp Balsamic Glaze
1/2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
Splash of Olive Oil
Pinch of Sea Salt
1/2 Lemon freshly juiced
1 Garlic Clove
Salt and Pepper
3/4 Cup Basil
1. Heat your grill. Rub olive oil on both sides of eggplant slices and add to grill. Keep turning until charred on both sides and gooked through.
2. Make the tomatoes: Add oil to a large frying pan, heat to medium. Add the balsamic, paprika and olive oil to a bowl and mix. Toss tomatoes in the mix then add to frying pan. Fry for 2-3 minutes on low to medium heat then turn them over and fry for 1 additonal minute. Then remove from pan and set aside.
3. Make the dressing: Place all ingredients into a mini chopper and blitz until you get a smooth green sauce.
4. Mash the avocado in a bowl with salt, pepper and a splash of lemon juice.
5. Layer the eggplant with the mashed avocado on top. Top with tomatoes then drizzle with the basil dressing.
6. You can add additonal toppings such as chilli flakes, sea salt, toasted pine nuts, etc.