2 delicata squash (halved lengthwise, seeds removed, cut into 1/2-inch slices)
2 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
1 pinch sea salt
3 Tbsp tahini
1/2 lemon, juiced (1/2 lemon yields ~1 Tbsp or 15 ml)
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup pomegranate arils
1/4 cup dry roasted hazelnuts (loosely chopped)
1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C).
2) Add sliced squash to a bare baking sheet (1 large or 2 small, depending on size of squash // as original recipe is written // use fewer or more baking sheets, as needed, if altering batch size) and toss with oil and sea salt. Then arrange in a single layer.
3) Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping once at the halfway point to ensure even baking. You’ll know it's done when fork tender, golden brown, and slightly caramelized (see photo).
4) While squash is baking, prepare dressing by adding tahini, lemon juice, and maple syrup to a small mixing bowl. Whisk to combine, then add hot water 1 Tbsp at a time and whisk until pourable. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
5) To serve, arrange baked squash on a serving dish and top with dressing, pomegranates, hazelnuts, and parsley. Best when enjoyed immediately.