750 grams coconut water
100 grams tapioca small pearl
250 grams coconut milk
100 grams sugar white
2.5 grams coconut extract optional
20 grams chia seeds whole
Kiwi Jelly Layer:
500 grams kiwi juice
4 grams agar
2 drops green food colouring optional
400 grams kiwifruit diced
50 grams coconut shredded
Chia Pudding Layer
1) Hydrate the chia seeds with water (5 times the volume) overnight.
2) Soak tapioca pearls in cold water for at least one hour
3) Bring coconut water and sugar to a boil.
4) Gently strain tapioca pearls and add to the boiling coconut water.
5) Stir for 8-10 minutes or until the pearls are translucent.
6) Add coconut milk and let sit overnight.
7) The next day, thin tapioca if needed with coconut water so you can stir it. Fold in drained, soaked chia seeds.
Kiwi Jelly Layer
1) Bring kiwi juice, agar and green food colouring ( if using) to a boil.
2) Stir all ingredients together and let cool slightly.
3) When kiwi jelly has cooled, carefully scoop a small amount into the bottom of the dessert verrines or bowls. Place in refrigerator for one hour to cool.
4) Set aside remainder to be used as additional layer for the pudding.
1) Add the tapioca coconut milk chia pudding mixture to the top of the set kiwi jelly in each verrine or parfait glass.
2) Warm the remaining kiwi jelly slightly if it has set and layer it on top of the coconut chia pudding, smoothing with the back of a spoon.
3) Chill for at least one hour.
4) Garnish with finely diced ripe kiwi, shredded coconut and flower petals.