6 large eggs
4 large egg whites
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small yellow onion diced
1 cup chopped broccoli
1 (8 oz) package sliced mushrooms
2 cups Spinach roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
salt to taste
The Breakfast Sandwich
6 whole wheat english muffins
6 turkey slices optional
6 slices cheddar cheese optional (I used Sargento 45 calorie slices)
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease a 9x13 in baking pan with cooking spray.
2) Whisk together eggs and egg whites in a large bowl. Set aside.
3) Heat olive oil in a large non stick pan over medium heat.
4) Add in onions and saute for about 5 minutes.
5) Add in broccoli, mushrooms, and spinach cook for another 4 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
6) Add in garlic and saute for another 30 seconds.
7) Season with salt and pepper.
8) Mix with eggs and pour into prepared baking pan.
9) Bake in preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, or until the eggs have fully cooked through.
10) Use a glass (or some sort of circle cutter) to cut eggs into a circle the size of your english muffins.
11) Have leftover scrapes? Use them for another breakfast sandwich, eat them plain for breakfast, or mix them into something else for a meal!