1 large eggplant mine was around 1.25 lb
1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
3 tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
salt to taste
1 tsp Italian seasoning mix
3 tbsp whole wheat flour
1 egg + 1 tbsp water
olive oil spray
1 cup marinara sauce
1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
fresh parsley or basil to garnish
1) Cut eggplant into roughly 1/2" slices. Rub some salt on both sides of the slices and leave it for at least 10-15 mins.
2) Meanwhile in a small bowl mix egg with water and flour to prepare the batter.
3) In a medium shallow plate combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning blend, and some salt. Mix thoroughly.
4) Now apply the batter to each eggplant slice evenly. Dip the battered slices in the breadcrumb mix to coat it evenly on all sides. See the helpful tips section above to do this task perfectly.
5) Place breaded eggplant slices on a clean and dry flat plate and spray oil on them. See notes section for details.
6) Preheat the Air Fryer to 360F. Then put the eggplant slices on the wire mesh and cook for about 8 min.
7) Top the air fried slices with about 1 tablespoon of marinara sauce and lightly spread fresh mozzarella cheese on it. Cook the eggplant for another 1-2 min or until the cheese melts.
8) Serve warm on the side of your favorite pasta.
See if you're in our to get the needed for this recipe delivered to your doorstep + use code KIWI50 for 50% off your first order!